Ensuring brand competitiveness is paramount including the features and benefits you highlight, claims, package design, promotions, and the price you charge.
Take your product and package testing to the next level with Chooseology!
Chooseology is an e-commerce shopping simulator that measures respondent behaviors and engagement with your brand.
Agile & affordable
Ideal for product testing, package testing, and pricing studies
Measure clickstream behaviors, not just responses
Easily drops into surveys or qualitative interviewing
Evaluate your brand against a competitive set
Determine which concept elements drive engagement
What Respondents are Saying About Chooseology
How Respondents Rate the Chooseology Experience
"Easy to use the site, side-by-side comparison, easy to access additional information about the products."Chooseology Respondent
"Easy to navigate, good description, clear photos."Chooseology Respondent
"It's Amazon easy!"Chooseology Respondent
"Seemed like I was actually shopping!"Chooseology Respondent
"Compared to a survey, the simulator showed more pictures and gave me a much better description of the products."Chooseology Respondent
The Science Behind Chooseology
CHOOSEOLOGY MEASURES BEHAVIORS AND ENGAGEMENT WITH YOUR BRAND in the form of concept engagement. E-commerce research has demonstrated interest in an idea can be gauged based on the actions people take to learn about it.
For example, in some product categories, research has shown the more the more time a person spends online, the more they are likely to purchase.
Chooseology models the familiar online shopping experience and measures user behaviors, giving you more reliable information to ensure your brand’s online presence engages the consumer and drives sales.
Chooseology measures 10 engagement parameters, including:
- Number of times a concept was the first, second, or third pick to the shopping cart
- Number of times a concept was “purchased”
- Time taken to make a choice between options
- Total time spent reviewing the concept
- And more
Correlation Analysis Between Customer’s Behavior on Website and Actual Purchase, Honda Motor Company and University of Tsukuba, Japan
Understanding Behaviors that Lead to Purchasing, Stanford
2017 e-commerce Report / Wolfgang Digital
Who is Chooseology For?
E-commerce channel/category managers
In short, Chooseology is the choice for decision-makers who want to add a behavioral element when testing new products, packaging, and pricing options.
- A truly behavioral tool
- Agile and cost-effective
- You choose the level of service that best suits your needs
How Does Chooseology Work?
It’s Easy & Fast
- Respondents visit a simulated e-commerce site. Screening questions can be included before respondents enter the simulator.
- There are several “off the shelf” user interfaces to choose from. And, the simulator can be set up to mimic the look and feel of major e-commerce platforms.
- Respondents are asked to shop as they normally would.
- Results are recorded in real time.
- Following the simulator experience, custom survey questions can be included to learn more about respondent preferences.
- Qualitative research can easily be incorporated before, during, or after the simulation.
- Category users are recruited from any sample source. You can use your own list, source your own list, or work with our team to source one.
- Setup is simple. You can set the site up yourself, or work with our team.
- There is no limit to the number of concepts. You can program custom sort and filtering variables just as you would use on a real e-commerce site.
- Models the familiar online shopping experience — which is more like how people research and make choices today
- The simulator measures engagement and behaviors, not just opinions
- Provides both implicit and explicit data
- Supports the ability to set up control and test cells
- Global capabilities
How Much Does Chooseology Cost?
We designed Chooseology to be flexible. Pricing varies based on the level of service you need and customizability of the respondent experience. Contact our program manager to discuss your needs and obtain a quote.